My studying notebook

2009/11/12

[Web Tool] SpriteMe

11/12/2009 10:51:00 PM Posted by Unknown , No comments

Recently, I read two books about performance article "High performance web sites: essential knowledge for frontend engineers"[1] and "Even Faster Web Sites: Essential Knowledge for Frontend Engineers"[2] by Steve Souders.

hat two books are very good books let you can understand how to increase web performance. I found few web tools in my searching. SpriteMe is one my want to share you guys. What is SpriteMe?

Background images make pages look good, but also make them slower. Each background image is an extra HTTP request. There's a fix: combine background images into a CSS sprite. But creating sprites is hard, requiring arcane knowledge and lots of trial and error. SpriteMe removes the hassles with the click of a button.

Reference

0 comments:

Post a Comment